Friday, September 5, 2008

Hunting Season

So for those of you with a husband who bow hunts you understand where I am coming from. I am a widow from now until hunting season ends! Actually I do not say that with a totally pesimistic attitude. I do not begrude my husband of his hobby's, but it does get a little lonely sometimes. On the otherhand, when he is gone I can let the dishes go for a day or two and take a little better care of myself, watch the movies I know he will have no interest in, take warm bathes, bake or slow cook the things he thought didn't sound good, etc. I love cooking something he has no interest in and then serving it to him when he gets home and him saying, "Hey, this is pretty darn good!" :) So I think this weekend I am going to go through the cook book and find some things I can throw together so next week I will not have to worry about what's for dinner. If I find a good recipe I will post it and hopefully whoever comes upon it will enjoy it too. In just starting my blog if any of you out there have ideas for getting more people to read it, please let me know. In just getting started I do not feel there is much on here to offer people yet, but I will get there.
Next week I start a women's bible study that I am really excited about. I have actually never been to a bible study, so I will have to write about that. We are doing a Beth Moore series and I love her so much! She is a wonderful woman of God and a blessing to those who she touches. I find her and Joyce Meyers so inspiring and hope that someday I will be able to speak to people in such a way. I don't know about being broadcasted the way they are! That is a bit scary to me being the shy person that I am. But I would like to start up a women's group at church and maybe I will have something to say right here. Right now I do not feel like a leader, however I know God is working on something in me and drawing me to this, so I am following, knowing that I am being pulled out of my comfort zone and trusting in Him. He will bring me to where I need to be and what I find frightening right now, He will bring me through and give me the fearlessness I need to accomplish what He needs me to do. This is such a strange time in my life, but a good time too. I have been praying for years and have felt like nothing is really happening and everything is just staying the same, but lately I am seeing a change here and a change there and it is so amazing to see God working. I must say, as hard as it has been, His timing is perfect and how He moves in our lives is fascinating! It is a funny thing, I said at the end of last year that this year is my year and it truely is! I am so excited to see what God will be doing in my life next. As vunerable as it makes me feel to open up, I think it will be a positive thing for me to open up here. It is a start for me as I am a very closed person. I did not used to be, but life happens and I just shut off. But now God is healing me so I feel this will be part of the healing process. For now I will say good-bye, but I look forward to hearing from anyone who would like to leave me a comment. God Bless! :)

2 comments:

April said...

Hi Jenn! I can so relate to you being a "hunting widow". My husband loves to hunt, but doesn't get the chance too often. He loves to golf, however, so I refer to myself as a "golfing widow". It's just a guy thing, but like you, I enjoy it because it allows me some time to do those things I like. I wish you well with your Beth Moore Bible study. I was in one several years back at our church and I loved it. I learned so much! Anyhow, stop back by anytime! Have a super day!

April said...

Jenn...You've been tagged! Go to my blog and read what to do. Enjoy!!